keyboard evdev

Hi folks-
          I'm running debian/squeeze and have managed to mess up the keyboard after a recent upgrade. The keyboard now automatically treats each key as though it was preceded by the 'Menu' key (I think that's the name-lower row, to the left of the control key.) I see it only in xwindows, at the KDM login window. I *think* the problem is in xorg-xserver-evdev-unfortuantely I wasn't looking too carefully at the upgraded package list. The xorg.conf file is substantially smaller than it used to be (which is an artifact of evdev, I believe). Simply running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg does nothing. I'm actually pretty reliant on my keyboard and will be eternally grateful if any kind soul can point me in a direction to get this fixed....

            Steve Vejcik

Steve