Re: keyboard evdev

[ Please wrap your lines at 80 characters or less. ]

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 14:04:38 -0400, Steve Vejcik wrote:
> Hi folks-
>
> I'm running debian/squeeze and have managed to mess up the keyboard
> after a recent upgrade. The keyboard now automatically treats each key
> as though it was preceded by the 'Menu' key (I think that's the
> name-lower row, to the left of the control key.) I see it only in
> xwindows, at the KDM login window. I *think* the problem is in
> xorg-xserver-evdev-unfortuantely I wasn't looking too carefully at the
> upgraded package list. The xorg.conf file is substantially smaller
> than it used to be (which is an artifact of evdev, I believe). Simply
> running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg does nothing. I'm actually
> pretty reliant on my keyboard and will be eternally grateful if any
> kind soul can point me in a direction to get this fixed....

Please post the output of these two commands:

grep -Ei 'keyboard|xkb|evdev' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

lshal --show $(hal-find-by-capability --capability input.keyboard)

(These commands should work from the console, even when X has not been
 started.)

          Florian   |