Re: Cannot login to computer after upgrade to Lenny

On 2009-06-01 17:04 +0200, MoS wrote:

> # su
> bash: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> # cp
> cp: missing file operand
> Try `cp --help' for more information.

So cp works, but su does not.  I suspect this is because su is suid
root, but do not really have an idea what exactly the problem is.  The
dynamic linker ignores the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable for
setuid/setgid programs, do you have it set in your environment?  And
does a non-setuid copy of su show the error?

See ld.so(8) for some background information.

Sven