Re: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC)

+ Jonathan Kaye (Mon, 18 May 2009 15:15:27 +0200):

> Yes, but sadly 4.2 is not hitting squeeze all at once. I got about 6 4.2
> upgrades today with the results that a lot of my kde apps are no longer
> functional. The menu items along with their associated icons are gone:
> kpat, amarok, k3b are 3 of many apps to be affected. I guess this will get
> sorted in a couple of days but WHY?!? would they release packages piecemeal
> this way?

We migrated most of the packages that were available for KDE4 already,
and those available but that didn't migrate (like eg. kphotoalbum) are
to follow soon.

But for example k3b and amarok have not migrated to KDE4 yet in
unstable, so it's impossible to have them in testing. Amarok has a KDE4
version in experimental, and it being there probably means the
maintainer thinks KDE4 users are still better off with the KDE3 version,
since the KDE4 one is probably unstable.

Regarding kpat, if you still have the KDE3 version after upgrading, then
you did not fully upgrade, since it was included in the initial
migration to testing AFAICR.

Cheers,

--
- Are you sure we're good?