Re: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC)

Hello,
Adeodato Simó schrieb:
> For those following testing, this is just a quick mail to let you know
> that KDE4 will become available in Squeeze with tonight's mirror pulse.
> (It's KDE 4.2.2, I'm told 4.2.3 will shortly be uploaded to unstable.)
>
> A note for compiz users: unfortunately it hasn't been possible to migrate
> to testing the new compiz, useable with KDE4, because it also depends on
> a newer GNOME. In order to upgrade to KDE4, you will have to temporarily
> uninstall compiz-kde, or grab compiz-kde and dependencies from unstable.

thanks to everyone involved! Great job, but...

replaces kcontrol«?
... is it a aptitude bug or a problem with the version numbers/epochs of the
packages, that some packages would be removed because of unmet dependencies
event though there is a new package which fits? (like kdm, kwin, ...) At least
on my system aptitude reported a lot of broken packages and wanted to remove a
hell of a lot of such packages. But I could figure it out manually, so no harm done.
... kaboom's backup functionality is somewhat dubious? Because for me it wasn't
possible to backup some data like the album covers and settings of amarok, which
led eventually to the point, were I needed to reconfigure amarok and feed it the
covers again (form a manual backup).

Anyway, I don't want to sound like a complainer and I'm not sure, the above
issues are even grave enough for a bug report of minor severity. For me they
aren't, but I guess, that should be improved until squeeze is released.

So again: thanks for all the work! I love the new KDE and hopefully will
continue to do so in the next weeks, when I've worked with it a little bit. ;)

Kind regards,
Kai

--

Kai Wasserbäch (Kai Wasserbaech)

E-Mail: debian@carbon-project.org
Jabber (debianforum.de): Drizzt
GnuPG: 0xE1DE59D2      0600 96CE F3C8 E733 E5B6 1587 A309 D76C E1DE 59D2
(http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xE1DE59D2&fingerprint=on&hash=on&op=vindex)