Hard lock from the very start, almost

IMP T-42p, not quite up-to-date sid

Before upgrading, for some reason I tried suspend (Fn-F4). The machine
suspended, but would not come back. Eventually I just held the power
button until it stopped.

Now it is almost totally locked up tight: I get an initial flash of
the lights, then only the light with a tilted Z. Not even the initial
IBM display, much less grub. The fan is on, and everything stops
immediately if I hit the power button.

I'd appreciate a hint on how to proceed. Even the right words for
google would be a help.

--
JohnRChamplin@columbus.rr.com
GPG key 1024D/99421A63 2005-01-05