disk spins up immediately after noflushd spins it down

Hello,

I have two hard disks (IDE) on my Testing machine. The main one that I
use is hda. I have some partitions on hdb. I use noflushd to spin hdb
down when it is not in use. However, I have noticed recently that the
disk spins up immediately after noflushd spins it down. I see these in
syslog:
ay 28 19:33:06 red noflushd[7703]: Spinning down /dev/hdb.
May 28 19:33:13 red noflushd[7703]: Spinning up /dev/hdb after 0 minutes.

hdb partitions are mounted thus:
$> mount | grep hdb
/dev/hdb3 on /mnt/snapshot type ext3 (ro)
/dev/hdb5 on /mnt/homedisk5 type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hdb4 on /media/disk2 type ext3 (rw)

I have this in /etc/default/noflushd
PARAMS="-n 30 /dev/hdb -v"

How do I find out why does hdb not remain spun down? It used to work
okay till I think several weeks ago; not sure when the behavior actually
changed.

Thanks.

ever having been read.