Re: Midori dependencies problem with sid

<bss@iguanasuicide.net> was heard to say:
>> Isn't that supposed to change in the future (but perhaps not before
>> Squeeze) so that we can have versioned dependencies on virtual packages?
>
>  Yes.  It's been supposed to change in the future for at least ten
>years. :-)

Maybe this is a better discussion for debian-devel or the bug itself, but
what the the technological issues in implementing this?

It seems like it should be a fairly simple enhancement to the resolver with
the caveat that only versioned Provides can satisfy a versioned dependency.
(The alternative of "synthesizing" a version for non-versioned Provides
seems like a recipe for breakage.)

Fun Fact: There is no lowest version of a package, you can always add '~' to
the end of a package version to get a lower version.