Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

In <[🔎] 20090527205036.GN5158@cat.rubenette.is-a-geek.com>, lee wrote:
>On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:01:08PM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> So, yes, you did say that.  You just didn't use those words, which is
>> why they weren't a quote.  (Notice the lack of quotation marks.)  Anyone
>> reading this message can follow the exact reasoning I used to get to
>> that conclusion, based on the facts in this message--the quoted text.
>> Please let me know what, if any, problems exist in my reasoning.
>
>I'm not interested in how you're turning and twisting the words ---

Yes you are; my grasp of the English language is that only thing that allows
you and I to communicate (for now).  Assuming you want to communicate with
me, you are interested on how your words acquire meaning in my mind.

>maybe it helps if you keep in mind that using language is different
>from using mathematics or a programming language.

Not entirely.  There's a bit more fuzz on it since words and higher-level
language constructs do not map directly to meanings or, in the logic/math
parlance, propositions.  However, failing to apply logical techniques to
language analysis is leaving a very useful tool (maybe even your most useful
tool) behind.

I believe the transformations I applied to your words preserve their
meaning.  Can you show where exactly I failed to preserve your meaning?

>The fact remains
>that I don't have the mysql server installed and that kde isn't
>working anymore after the update.

I don't doubt that.  However, I know that KDE 4.2 *can* work without Akonadi
and MySQL, because I have it *working*.  Your statements do not allow for
the possibility that your issues could be local.