Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 09:21:15PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > How do you maintain 15 or 30 year old hardware?
> >

> Cooling, circuit breakers, relaxed duty cycle. And prayer, if you're into that.

If you want to keep it running all the time ... Even if you don't, you
might have a problem when you need spare parts.

> > If you don't buy everything new, you can't put your old hardware into
> > storage in working order in case you need it to read some data in 30
> > years.
> >

> If the issue is saving $20 on a case, then you are just $20 short of
> having a working solution. Sounds good to me.

Where do you get a good case for $20? Shop around a bit and you'll
find that useable ones start at about $250, and good ones cost more
--- if you can find one at all.