hanging up for the previous P2P user

When I connect to my ISP, sometimes I apparently get assigned an IP
address that has recently been used by a P2P file sharing user, hence
there are many sites still trying to connect to it.

Just like "even after the authorities raided the crackhouse, the phone kept
ringing off the hook."

Yes it doesn't impact me one bit, but just shows up disturbingly in the
icewm monitor window. I can see them with
# iftop -nP -i ppp0

My question is is there some program that I can use to politely inform
these connections that "Johnny has already left for school, so please
stop ringing his IP address. I'm sorry he didn't properly say goodbye
last time. Maybe his computer fell off the desk."

OK, I tried REJECT instead of DROP:

iptables -F; iptables -X
iptables -N b
iptables -A b -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A b -m state --state NEW ! -i ppp0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A b -j LOG -m limit
#iptables -A b -j REJECT
iptables -A b -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -j b
iptables -A FORWARD -j b

but I don't think all the other parties got the message.

Sure, I can disconnect my ADSL modem, wait a minute and reconnect, and
probably get a clean line, but is there any smarter way to tell those
P2P connections to give up trying, instead of waiting for them to slowly
one by one give up.