Re: getting broadcom wireless to be recognized and working

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:54 PM, dwain <dwain.alford@gmail.com> wrote:
> when i install debian last night it appears that all of my hardware was
> detected except for the broadcom wireless card.  i have noticed during boot
> that i get a message saying that resources couldn't be allocated to pci
> bridge 7 (?) and to pci bridge 8 (?).  could this be where my wireless card
> is connected?  how can i get this puppy working so i can use wireless when i
> want?  please be specific in your reply, please.  i am still very new to
> linux and i know that what may seem to be second nature to you is not to me
> (yet).

Hello again . . .

I'm curious what your particular card you have. I've recently got my
broadcom card working and it was rather painless. I'll get the details
in the meantime and try to get back to you soon. While you
"desperately" await my "ingenious" response, perhaps you can post your
dmesg and version of debian you're using.

FYI -- one thing that I have learned since recently getting involved
in the *nix world is that there is a lot of documentation and blogs
and mailing lists and  . . . from which to research before asking
questions. I'm not saying that your questions are dumb, but that htey
may have been addressed in a very accessible place.

--
www.nealhogan.net          www.lambdaserver.com