getting broadcom wireless to be recognized and working

when i install debian last night it appears that all of my hardware was detected except for the broadcom wireless card.  i have noticed during boot that i get a message saying that resources couldn't be allocated to pci bridge 7 (?) and to pci bridge 8 (?).  could this be where my wireless card is connected?  how can i get this puppy working so i can use wireless when i want?  please be specific in your reply, please.  i am still very new to linux and i know that what may seem to be second nature to you is not to me (yet).

cheers,
dwain

btw, i really like the debian distro much better than any of the others i have tried in the past.  i really do want to have a positive experience with debian and i am counting on the list to help me out; hold my hand when necessary, supply me with links to documents with regard to my troubles and how to resolve them and give me encouragement when i'm ready to reformat and go back to -- uh, uh, windows. :-)

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran