Re: Access internet

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:42 AM, jerin <jeringeok@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a dsl modem and used to connect internet via ethernet in windows. but
> i couldnt configure it for debian. please give me the detailed steps to
> access internet. i am using a intel system. i think ethernet is configured.
> but i dont know how to connect to net using it. currently i am using
> it@school debian linux india. please reply.

I promise you that I'm not trying to be a pain, but you're asking
questions that have been answered (in great detail and at great
lengths). Asking for people on this list to reproduce it here is a bit
unfair . . . don't you think?

Have you looked at the install and configuration documentation
provided by Debian? Have you looked at any documentation? As with your
"cd-post," your request here is way too vague for any helpful

Again, a simple google provided
http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-gateway.en.html, which
may help.

-Neal