Re: Rogue Filename - Can't Do A Thing With It

On May 21, 2009, at 8:05 PM, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:

2009/5/20 Hal Vaughan <hal@halblog.com>:
Recently I started getting errors from rsync on a machine I don't tend to have to log on to very often. I checked the bad directory and get this:

[hal@scarecrow:threshNet]$ ls -l reportX
total 0
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? reportX/2009-raw?@?

<snip/>

[hal@scarecrow:threshNet]$ rm reportX/*
rm: cannot lstat `reportX/2009-raw\237@\037': No such file or directory

I guess it will not work because "rm" doesn't work but you could try
"find . -type f -delete". Another command to try is "unlink".

Thanks for the ideas.  Tried both, here's the output for find:

[hal@scarecrow:ReportX]$ find . -type f -delete
find: ./2009-raw?@: No such file or directory

Got a similar message for unlink. Basically everything treats it as no file there.

Hal