Rogue Filename - Can't Do A Thing With It

Recently I started getting errors from rsync on a machine I don't tend to have to log on to very often. I checked the bad directory and get this:

[hal@scarecrow:threshNet]$ ls -l reportX
total 0
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? reportX/2009-raw?@?

At this point this is the only file in the directory. Originally the directory was "report" but I changed it to "reportX" and moved all the other files out of that directory and into the new one (since my rsync cron job only backs up specific directories). If there are more files in that directory, I get just the file names, but this rogue file shows up in the listing with the directory name first -- every time. I've tried this:

[hal@scarecrow:threshNet]$ rm reportX/*
rm: cannot lstat `reportX/2009-raw\237@\037': No such file or directory

I get similar error messages from attempts to chmod or mv the file. I can't move or delete the parent directory because I get similar error messages. The directory name included in the file listing changed when I changed the directory name with mv.

Just as a whim, I ran Konqueror and it didn't see the file there at all and wouldn't delete the containing directory ("reportX"). I didn't expect it to, but thought it wouldn't hurt to try.

While it likely does not matter, this file is on a functioning RAID1 device.

Is there any way I can get rid of this file?

Thanks for any help on this!

Hal