Re: How to generate Contents-<arch>.gz

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 02:55:11PM +0200, Malte Forkel wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen und Osamu Aoki schrieben:
> > On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:29:40AM +0200, Malte Forkel wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I would like to search a local mirror and a local repository with
> >> apt-file. How can I generate the Contents-<arch>.gz files needed?
>
> > If you happent to use reprepro to create the repository: set the
> > 'Contents' keyword for the distribution in conf/distributions .
>

> > By "apt-ftparchive generate"
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/po4a/html/ch02.en.html#_small_public_package_archive
> >

> Thanks to both of you! I'm happily using a combination of both
> approaches now.
>
> An additional question regarding apt-ftparchive: How can I specify which
> architecture the contents file should contain information for? Couldn't
> a repository contain different sets of packages for different architectures?

Yes. Please read on "man apt-ftparchive" and developers-reference
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/

Your queston is too big to answer here nor I have it.

> @Osamu: Would you be interested in feedback regarding the Debian
> Reference? What would be the best to report a typo or suggest a
> clarification?

Typo:     --> diff to svn repo at DDP submitted to BTS: debian-reference
Contents: --> report submitted to BTS: debian-reference

SVN is available

SVN:      $ svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/quick-reference qref # (r/o - just Debian Reference)
SVN+SSH:  $ svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/quick-reference qref # (r/w - just Debian Reference)

BTS (use reportbug)

http://bugs.debian.org/debian-reference
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=debian-reference