Re: How to generate Contents-<arch>.gz

Tzafrir Cohen und Osamu Aoki schrieben:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:29:40AM +0200, Malte Forkel wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to search a local mirror and a local repository with
>> apt-file. How can I generate the Contents-<arch>.gz files needed?

> If you happent to use reprepro to create the repository: set the
> 'Contents' keyword for the distribution in conf/distributions .

> By "apt-ftparchive generate"
>
> http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/po4a/html/ch02.en.html#_small_public_package_archive

Thanks to both of you! I'm happily using a combination of both
approaches now.

An additional question regarding apt-ftparchive: How can I specify which
architecture the contents file should contain information for? Couldn't
a repository contain different sets of packages for different architectures?

@Osamu: Would you be interested in feedback regarding the Debian
Reference? What would be the best to report a typo or suggest a
clarification?

Cheers,
Malte