Re: Why is the kernel in testing so far behind what's current?

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 11:32 +0200, Brent Clark wrote:
> Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> > Thanks, guys, for suggesting that - I used to build a custom kernel
> > the "Debian way" all the time, but am out of the habit.  I'll get back
> > into it.
> >

> Personally I dont know why you would.
>
> My suggestion, get unstables version

Sounds sensible (For those who have already decided to not use the
stable release [Lenny] and want to spend some time debugging problems).

> if that does not work, then try rolling your own.

Not such good suggestion:
1. File a bug
2. Try a kernel from kernel-archive.buildserver.net
3. Update your bug, telling if kernel-archive.buildserver.net solved
   the problem.

You'll probably save your time by switching back to your previous
kernel, wait for a few days and try kernel-archive.buildserver.net again
(Unless one really want to know all the bits about kernels).

Regards,

Franklin