Re: Why is the kernel in testing so far behind what's current?

* Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> [2009 May 12 23:06 -0500]:
> According to the Linux Kernel Archives: The latest stable version of
> the Linux kernel is:  2.6.29.3.  So why is the latest kernel in
> testing 2.6.26?

In my experience, there is no point in bringing in a more recent kernel
package until 2.6.30 is released which includes drm and video driver
fixes required by the latest Xorg packages although the latest 2.6.2902
package enabled 3D rendering again in the latest Xorg packages in Sid,
at least for the Radeon chipset.

- Nate >>