Re: Safe change of uid

I executed deluser --remove-all-files --backup <username> and it searched for files to remove and backed up three files from the user's home directory -- but it left the user's home directory in place with its contents. The group and user were deleted, so the remaining files have owners of "500" -- the previous owner's original uid. The properties of those files still list the owner's original uid which is 500, so kuser failed to change the uid when I used kuser to do that. There is now no user or group listed as having a uid of 500 -- at least according to kuser. Weird.

My apologies for the last post's line length. I was using my webmail account and forgot that I haven't found a way to change that.

--Elmer