Re: how to use mplayer to convert real media audio file to mp3

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 19:28:09 -0700, Kelly Clowers (kelly.clowers@gmail.com) wrote:

> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 18:34, Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use etch
> > Do you know the mplayer command to convert real media audio-only file
> > to a mp3 file?
> ffmpeg -i inputfile.ext -ar 44100 -ab 256 output.mp3

That works perfectly except you need to use 256000 or 256k for the
bitrate.  (It still works with your value but ignores it and defaults to

Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.