Re: how to use mplayer to convert real media audio file to mp3

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 19:28:09 -0700, Kelly Clowers (kelly.clowers@gmail.com) wrote:

> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 18:34, Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use etch
> > Do you know the mplayer command to convert real media audio-only file
> > to a mp3 file?
>
> ffmpeg -i inputfile.ext -ar 44100 -ab 256 output.mp3

That works perfectly except you need to use 256000 or 256k for the
bitrate.  (It still works with your value but ignores it and defaults to
128k).

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.