Re: testing update today hosed aptitude!

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 10:02:57AM -0400, Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> was heard to say:
>> I did my daily testing update this morning, and aptitude has
>> disappeared.  Attempts to apt-get install aptitude are so far
>> unsuccessful, because of unmet dependencies.  Attempts to install
>> those missing dependencies also fail, in particular the following:
>>
>> # apt-get install libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6-4.6
>
>  Which testing mirror are you using?  That version of apt should be in
> testing.
>
>> Note, selecting apt instead of libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6-4.6
>> apt is already the newest version.
>
>  And it looks like it is.  What happens if you try to install aptitude?

# apt-get install aptitude
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  aptitude: Depends: libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6-4.6
            Depends: libept0 (>= 0.5.26) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Attempting install of libept0 fails because it depends on the same
version of apt, and that's already the newest version.

Patrick