testing update today hosed aptitude!

I did my daily testing update this morning, and aptitude has
disappeared.  Attempts to apt-get install aptitude are so far
unsuccessful, because of unmet dependencies.  Attempts to install
those missing dependencies also fail, in particular the following:

# apt-get install libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6-4.6
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting apt instead of libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6-4.6
apt is already the newest version.
  texlive-common update-notifier-common preview-latex-style texlive lmodern
  texpower-manual texlive-pstricks texlive-base-bin texpower
  texlive-extra-utils texlive-latex-base texlive-fonts-recommended
  texlive-humanities-doc texlive-generic-recommended texlive-latex-recommended
  texlive-latex-recommended-doc dvipdfmx latex-beamer prosper tipa
  texlive-latex-base-doc latex-xcolor python-vte texlive-fonts-recommended-doc
  pgf texlive-humanities texlive-base ps2eps texlive-doc-base
  texlive-latex-extra texlive-latex-extra-doc texlive-pictures
  texlive-base-bin-doc texlive-math-extra texlive-pictures-doc
  texlive-pstricks-doc texlive-generic-extra tex-common lacheck

Note that in the middle of all that texlive stuff is
update-notifier-common, which I would think is critical to system
updates.  Should I do as suggested, and autoremove all this stuff?
And against what package should I file a bug?

Patrick