Re: Is it possible to prevent emacs auto saving the filename~?

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@gmail.com> wrote:
> 明覺 <shi.minjue@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> thank you, now I prefer the way to keep all the backup and autosave
>> files in a seperate directory, such as ~/.emacs.d/autosave and
>> ~/.emacs.d/backup, how could i setup that?  I'm not familiar with
>> emacs, currently in my machine, there is only the ~/.emacs.d/
>> directory which seems relative to emacs setup. Could you help give a
>> document that details the setup steps for those purpose? thanks
>
> I have this in my .emacs:
> ;; Backup
> (defvar backup-dir (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d/ebackup/"))
> (defvar autosave-dir (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d/eautosave/"))
> (setq backup-directory-alist (list (cons ".*" backup-dir)))
> (setq auto-save-list-file-prefix autosave-dir)
> (setq auto-save-file-name-transforms `((".*" ,autosave-dir t)))
>
> I am not sure, I think it was in the emacs faq.
thank you, i followed your instructions and now the backup files and
autosave files goes into .emacs.d subfolders instead of the working
folder, but I found that when i'm editing a file, there is still a
.#filename file existing, how could I also move the .#filename into a
subfolder of .emacs.d? thanks