Re: network configuration for Eth0

On Sun May 3 2009, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > Firestarter might work, but i really wanted to be able to add my own
> > entry to some file somewhere:) command-line junky :)
> Sounds like shorewall to me ;)

ahhh, I might have to look at it. thanks!
per the INTRO page:

Shorewall is not a daemon. Once Shorewall has configured the Linux networking
subsystem, its job is complete and there is no “Shorewall process” left
running in your system. The /sbin/shorewall program can be used at any time
to monitor the Netfilter firewall.

this is what I am looking for.

Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800