Re: ubuntu debian question

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 2:04 AM, George Phile <persgrip@swbell.net> wrote:
> Sir/Madam,
>
> Is there any web site I can go to to search for Greeting Card Software
> which run on Ubuntu - Debian?
>
> A handfull of people have advised me to go to this platform and operating
> system but it is for my wife and the only thing she does is search the web,
> manage her email and make greeting cards.
>
> I have spent the last hour or so trying to find Greeting Card Software for
> Ubuntu - Debian....all to no avail.

You can use
* scribus
* inkscape
* glabels
* openoffice.impress

for greeting card creation
All of the above mentioned packages are available in Debian/Ubuntu repos.

Following 2 tutorials might help you to use openoffice.impress

http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?name=1530000&fromSeriesID=153
http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?name=1530010&fromSeriesID=153

You might also find following link useful for printing purpose
http://www.bolis.com/amillar/linux/printing-greeting-cards-linux

Also check this for Scribus
http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000035

Alternatively you can install "Wine". Wine lets you install Windows
programs on GNU/Linux systems.
So, try installing American Greetings Create-A-Card using Wine.

Please take into consideration that, I have not used any of the above
softwares but Wine. Those are the google results.
Hope that helps.

I think you hit "Reply" button instead of "Reply All", so you sent me
a private mail rather than replying to the list.
Please do take care next time when replying. :)

--
With Regards
Abhishek Amberkar

Learn to appreciate a beauty within...