Re: 2.6.18 Modular Kernel has No Sound.

* Erik Sundin [090502 14:36 +0200]
> On Saturday 02 May 2009 05:15:06 Martin McCormick wrote:
[...]
> > 	I now know the recommended way to build a custom kernel
> > so I could fall back to doing that again, but surely there is a
> > way to get the CS4236 sound chips matched up with the right
> > module.
[...]
> The cs4xx driver has indeed been removed from the debian kernel
> (some file missing copyright information i belive) you may
> download and compile the alsa modules by hand or (I think) you may
> use module-assistant to help you do this the ???debian??? way.

alsa-driver (1.0.17.dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=medium
[...]
  * Removed because of DFSG violations:
    - alsa-kernel/pci/cs46xx/cs46xx_image.h
    - alsa-kernel/pci/cs46xx/imgs
    - alsa-kernel/pci/korg1212/korg1212-firmware.h
    - alsa-kernel/pci/maestro3.c
    - alsa-kernel/pci/ymfpci/ymfpci_image.h

If Martin wants cs46xx support hed deeds to down load upstream
sources. The Debian package won't build cs46xx drivers.

Elimar

--
  "Talking much about oneself can also
   be a means to conceal oneself."