Re: Acer Aspire One A110 16GB Linux

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 08:56:58PM +0100, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> Or I can install Debian - I know there's a Wiki page but can anybody
> give me clear advice on support for the Wifi / any other devices under
> Lenny.

I've the older model with the 8GB SSD and to be honest the SSD sucks.
It's awful slow. I'd prefer the HDD version if possible.

- wifi works with the non-free madwifi driver.

- Everything else works out of the box except for the cardreaders. I didn't
bother with it but I remember some kernel oopses when I had a XD card in the
left reader and tried to boot.

- It's a bit more complex to get the wifi to support the european channels 12+
but works after some fiddling and searching.

Sven
--
forevermore