Re: Acer Aspire One A110 16GB Linux

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 00:29:17 +0200, Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de) wrote:

> On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 08:56:58PM +0100, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
>
> > Or I can install Debian - I know there's a Wiki page but can anybody
> > give me clear advice on support for the Wifi / any other devices under
> > Lenny.
>
> I've the older model with the 8GB SSD and to be honest the SSD sucks.
> It's awful slow. I'd prefer the HDD version if possible.
>
> - wifi works with the non-free madwifi driver.

I think this Acer uses the same Atheron wireless chipset as my Samsung
NC10.  By using the 2.6.29 kernel from sid, this chipset is natively
supported and should "just work" without any fiddling.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.