Re: xorg (fglrx, radeon, radeonhd, vesa) not working after upgrade

thveillon.debian wrote:
> you'll be sorry to hear that your card is now a "legacy" one
> according to AMD/ATI. They dropped support for a bunch of card with
> the 9.4 release.

> http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/legacy/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx?type=2.4.2&product=2.4.2.3.9&lang=English

No, if you have a close look at this page, you'll notice that a lot of
cards are legacy, but not the X1400 one which my ThinkPad T60 has.

> So I guess the Sid version is too new for you, you can install an
> older fglrx (9.3) or stick with the free driver.

But nevertheless, even if my X1400 was legacy and not supported in
fglrx anymore (which is not the case), then the main problem is that
neither radeonhd, nor radeon, nor plain vesa seem to work right now.
THIS is my problem.

Still being very grateful for hints.

Greetings,
Stefan