Re: Installing xfce 4.6 on Lenny

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 4:26 AM, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

> If you are asking this question, I should say "DO NOT MIX" although it
> probably work most of time for now until testing get more newer
> libraries.  For reason, please read:

Your "for now" made me think that mixing packages gets closer to
dist-upgrade over time; when library difference between stable and
testing gets wider, every package install brings dozens of other
upgrades.

I checked backports but xfce doesn't seem to be available, I guess I'll
just run testing.

@ Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
I think your setup is a bit more than I'd like to do now, but your
message is definitely interesting.  I still hadn't gone into
pin-priorities and I didn't know approx at all.

Thanks for the replies.