Re: Installing xfce 4.6 on Lenny

Matteo Riva wrote:
Hello everybody.  I have been using Debian for a while, I had an old
system which went through many dist upgrades and I always played with
testing and unstable stuff, even before I actually knew what I was
doing.

Now since I'm running a fresh and "clean" Lenny install I'm here
to ask what is the correct way to handle packages from the testing
branch, in case I want to use a newer version of some software (namely
xfce in this specific case).

Do I have to do a full dist-upgrade or can I just mix packages from
stable and testing branches?

Any input appreciated, thanks.

I wouldn't mix stable and testing, get XFCE from backports if it is available or run testing.

YMMV

/Magnus