Re: lenny thinkpad x301 suspend keys

On Tue,28.Apr.09, 22:55:02, Bruno Voigt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder how to configure the thinkpad Fn+F4/F12 suspend 2 ram / disk keys.
> I have installed kmilo, powersaved, kpowersave, acpid, uswsusp,
> laptop-mode-tools.
> I am using KDE 3.5.9.
>
> Currently nothing happens by pressing these keys.

Do you have acpi-support and pm-utils installed? My keys just work.

> The cmdline utils work, eg. s2ram -f or s2disk, resume to.
>
> How work all these tools together?
> How to put some action on these buttons?
>
> BTW: is there a config file for s2ram to have the -f as default ?

AFAIR 's2ram -f' should be used only for testing. If you get it to work
you have to get your machine whitelisted (maybe that's why Fn+F4 is not
working), see /usr/share/doc/uswsusp/README.s2ram-whitelist.gz

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)