Re: X.org Keyboard repeat rate through hal

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 00:40:32 +0200, Davide Mancusi wrote:
> Earlier, Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> > Strace suggests that the mouse and keyboard settings are saved in
> > ~/.kde/share/config/kcminputrc on my system. Do you have anything in
> > this file? My keyboard section in there looks like this:
> >
> [snip]
>
> 	The file exists, but there's no Keyboard section in it.

I would be tempted to add the section to the file just to see if that
changes anything.

[...]

> davide@macco:~$ dpkg -l kdelibs\* kdebase-workspace\* systemsettings | awk '/^i/{print$1,$2,$3}'

[ snip: I have the same packages in the same versions, so that does not
	provide any further clues. ]

> 	The 3.5.10 packages are there to satisfy dependencies of
> isolated KDE3 programs.

I can open the keyboard configuration dialog directly by running:

kcmshell4 keyboard

What happens when you try this?

          Florian   |