Re: X.org Keyboard repeat rate through hal

Florian,

	Thanks for your time.

> > > Strace suggests that the mouse and keyboard settings are saved in
> > > ~/.kde/share/config/kcminputrc on my system. Do you have anything
> > > in this file? My keyboard section in there looks like this:
> > >
> > [snip]
> >
> > 	The file exists, but there's no Keyboard section in it.
>
> I would be tempted to add the section to the file just to see if that
> changes anything.

	Will do, but the next point is more interesting.

> I can open the keyboard configuration dialog directly by running:
>
> kcmshell4 keyboard
>
> What happens when you try this?

	Nothing happens. The keyboard configuration module is provided
by /usr/lib/kde4/kcm_keyboard.so, from package kdebase-workspace-bin.
The file exists, the package is correctly installed and debsums does
not complain; still...

davide@macco:~$ kcmshell4 --list | grep keyboard
keyboard_layout        - Mappatura della tastiera

The "keyboard" module is not listed among the possible choices. I have
also checked with "ldd /usr/lib/kde4/kcm_keyboard.so" that all linked
libraries are available. What could I do next?

Cheers,
Davide

--
Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana.