Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood

2009/4/27 Paul Johnson <baloo@ursamundi.org>:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> Maybe you forgot how great of an OS Win98 was at the time.
>
> It wasn't.  It was still a 32-bit multitasking hack sitting on top of
> what amounted to a 16-bit version of an 8-bit single-tasking operating
> system with no cohesive security controls.

...based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand
1 bit of competition!

> It was obsolete when it was
> still in development, even compared to what Debian had going on.  I
> remember it well, because Win9x is what drove me to Debian to begin with.

I wouldn't say obsolete, at least not for the desktop. But I was
unfamiliar with Linux at the time, my first Linux box was Red Hat
7.[1,2] with KDE 2 in late 2001.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com