Getting the ATL2 kernel module to work with Xen

Hey everyone,

I am having some problems with my server setup, and I'm starting to go crazy trying to figure this out. I want to use my computer to host a couple of Xen guests, but no matter what I do, I keep running into problems. I've tried 4 different versions of a certain popular Debian based distro before giving Lenny a try, and to my relief, it gave me none of the hardware driver problems I had experience earlier while still having proper packages for installing a Xen system.

So, having installed a Xen kernel (2.6.26-2-xen-amd64), and my mood vastly improved, I rebooted my PC so I could start adding some virtual machines - only to find out the network had stopped working. After some quick research I found out that the ATL2 module does not exist in the module directories for the Xen kernel, while it does exist in the regular 2.6.26-2-amd64 modules. Without this driver, I have no network, and without this kernel, I have no VMs - not an ideal situation.

Can anybody give me some pointers as to how to fix this and get this module to work for the Xen kernel as well?

Cheers, Jeroen