Re: Getting the ATL2 kernel module to work with Xen

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:50:05PM +0200, Jeroen Steenbeeke wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I am having some problems with my server setup, and I'm starting to go crazy
> trying to figure this out. I want to use my computer to host a couple of Xen
> guests, but no matter what I do, I keep running into problems. I've tried 4
> different versions of a certain popular Debian based distro before giving
> Lenny a try, and to my relief, it gave me none of the hardware driver
> problems I had experience earlier while still having proper packages for
> installing a Xen system.
>
> So, having installed a Xen kernel (2.6.26-2-xen-amd64), and my mood vastly
> improved, I rebooted my PC so I could start adding some virtual machines -
> only to find out the network had stopped working. After some quick research
> I found out that the ATL2 module does not exist in the module directories
> for the Xen kernel, while it does exist in the regular 2.6.26-2-amd64
> modules. Without this driver, I have no network, and without this kernel, I
> have no VMs - not an ideal situation.
>
> Can anybody give me some pointers as to how to fix this and get this module
> to work for the Xen kernel as well?
>
> Cheers, Jeroen

Have you tried installing the module using module-assistant? I'm sure
it's just a simple `m-a a-i atl2-source` away -- but then again, you
have no internet so I'm not sure exactly how it will work ... Do you
have all the programs needed to build source on there?

--
		  http://fuzzydev.org/~pobega
		    http://identi.ca/pobega