Re: KDE4 dual monitor window maximizing behaviour

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote in <cvaSn-1GH-17@gated-at.bofh.it>:

> What version of kwin are you running, just for my information?

martin@asgard:~$ kwin --version
Qt: 4.5.1
KDE: 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)
KWin: 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)

> I believe your X is set up correctly now.  Perhaps you might have better
> luck asking on a more KDE-specific mailing list, like debian-kde or kde-
> linux.

If I use icewm, the window maximizes to only one monitor, so I guess
it's not X that is wrong. (Most likely, X has never been the problem,
but now I have a cleaner config, which is a benefit nevertheless).

I remember a posting in a KDE group, that there's a compiletime option
to compile KDE with or without Xinerama/Twinview support.

As it works half-way, I guess it's a bug and I'll have to wait. I filled
a bugreport for KDE 3.5.10 already, which is now obsolete. I will fill
one for 4.2.2, too.

What could be the right package for the bug report? There's no package
kwin anymore.

--
Martin