Admit that the typical Debian machine has tons of cruft(8)

Admit that the typical Debian machine has tons of cruft(8)
$ man cruft
  cruft - Check the filesystem for cruft (missing and unexplained files)

Mainly I'm talking about those unexplained files. Even just
# cruft -d /
will probably produce tons of output on any system that has been under
real use for more than a few weeks.

Plenty of unknown students without hall passes wandering around the
Debian High School. Mucho unregistered aliens camping under the Debian
highway overpasses.

I won't name names but one must admit that squeaky clean Debian systems
are few in reality.

The problem seems mainly those immigrant families (packages) that come
to our shores (systems) and then create all those children (files)
without registering them properly (so dlocate will know about them, but
currently they must present a list of names upon arrival at our shores,
and there is no way to update it dynamically later...)

So what? Well, when one finds an old dog (file) that is causing some error,
one sees if it has an owner (via dlocate), before shooting it (rm), and
hoping it was mere bygone left behind, and not an important but
unregistered file.