Re: mysterious pdf file won't be printed, all others will!

Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@vianet.ca> writes:
>
>>> 1.	Are you sure that it is a .pdf file?  run file on it.
>>
>> Yes, `file' says it is, and besides it can be viewed by xpdf.
>>

>>> 2.	Did she put that file there?
>> Yes, she did.
>>

>>> 4.	If the file opens with a pdf viewer, what happens if you try to
>>> 	print from the viewer?
>>
>> It won't be printed either!
>

> Norbert Zeh <nzeh@cs.dal.ca> writes:
>
>> What paper format does the file use?  I've had printers refuse to print
>> files that used odd page sizes (such as Springer online files).  If the
>> paper size is odd, there should be a way to scale it to letter size,
>> even though I don't remember how.
>

> With the same printer, MS Windows Adobe Reader prints the file normally.
>
> Rodolfo

Well, you could try saving it as a PS file first, opening that PS file
in a gv (or any other PS file viewer) and see if you get the right
looking document. If yes, try printing from there. If no, then perhaps
it is a font problem.

ever having been read.