Re: mysterious pdf file won't be printed, all others will!

On Tuesday 21 April 2009 18:16:10 Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@vianet.ca> writes:
> >> 1.	Are you sure that it is a .pdf file?  run file on it.
> >
> > Yes, `file' says it is, and besides it can be viewed by xpdf.
> >
> >> 2.	Did she put that file there?
> >
> > Yes, she did.
> >
> >> 4.	If the file opens with a pdf viewer, what happens if you try to
> >> 	print from the viewer?
> >
> > It won't be printed either!
>
> Norbert Zeh <nzeh@cs.dal.ca> writes:
> > What paper format does the file use?  I've had printers refuse to print
> > files that used odd page sizes (such as Springer online files).  If the
> > paper size is odd, there should be a way to scale it to letter size,
> > even though I don't remember how.
>
> With the same printer, MS Windows Adobe Reader prints the file normally.
>
> Rodolfo

In Acroread in Linux, when "print" is chosen, before clicking OK, is page
scaling set to "fit to printable area",  and "choose paper source by pdf page
size" unticked (unchecked)?

If not, it might be worth trying to print with those two set like that.

HTH
Lisi