Problem with modules not loading

Hi

I have been follow unstable and it seems recently in the upgrade of
(udev ? hal ? acpi ? kernel ? ....) that my modules don't seem to be
pain).

any one else having these problems

the psmouse doesn't load even though its a touchpad on the laptop - the
usb one seems to work okay out of the box. strange connection is the
wireless also doesn't work out of the box either ... another laptop
device.

I have gone through and renames all my /etc/modprobe.d/<files> to
file.conf

Alex