Re: Instal sun java 1.5 jdk or jre and tomcat 5.5.25

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 06:03:48PM -0300, Pablo Augusto wrote:
> hello,
>
> im new in at linux administration,
> i have to install java (1.5 [jre or jdk] ) and tomcat 5.5.25
>
> Can anyone help me? Any goot step-step guide?

Hm no real idea about tomcat and the requirements but for Java
you just need to add non-free to your /etc/apt/sources.list.

Then you can apt-get update and install the required Java packages.
apt-cache search sun-java
should give you the list of available packages and versions.

tomcat 5.5.26 is packaged in the tomcat5.5 package so if there is
no absolute strict requirement for 5.5.25 that package might be fine
aswell.

If something doesn't work you should ask more specific questions.

Sven
--
forevermore