Re: default web browser

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:09:11 +0000 (UTC)

> > Hello.  I'm using Fluxbox.  Whenever I download an extension, such
> > as a new dictionary, for OpenOffice.org, it opens up uxterm, and
> > runs lynx.

> > How, then, can I
> > change this for OpenOffice (or other applications that this
> > situation may be applicable to)?
> >
> > Mark
> >

>   man update-alternatives
>
>   pex:
>
>   update-alternatives --list x-www-browser
>   update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
>
>   update-alternatives --list www-browser
>   update-alternatives --config www-browser

mark@debian:~$ update-alternatives --list x-www-browser
bash: update-alternatives: command not found
mark@debian:~$ su
Password:
debian:/home/mark# update-alternatives --list x-www-browser
/usr/bin/iceweasel
debian:/home/mark# update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

There is only 1 program which provides x-www-browser
(/usr/bin/iceweasel). Nothing to configure.
debian:/home/mark#

So, given that OpenOffice.org is still using lynx when I choose the
"more dictionaries online" option, what do I do now?

Mark