Re: how can i turn /dev/null into an MTA?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:28, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> You asked a quiestion that was not clear. It took a while to understand
> that you wanted a package to satisfy the mail-transfer-agent dependency.

I'm not the OP, i just posted the same question a while ago. You sumed
it up nicely i think: having a dummy package for packages that depend
on an MTA.

> Sending mail and recieving it are two different things. Generally you
> can relay outgoing mail through the SMTP server of your ISP.

And i can get it through POP3 or i can use IMAP, i know. But i don't
use any of those, i use webmail. A web-browser suffices for me.

> Here's something you should test: how simple is it for you to use
> reportbug to report bugs?

The few bugs i've reported were on their application's sites.

> Again, useless: Debian already has ssmtp, msmtp, null-mailer, esmtp and
> probably others I forgot. I suggest you actually read replies before
> discarding them.

All those are mail applications, i don't want them. :)

Regards,
Nuno Magalhães