Versioning control

Hello,

I am preparing a versioning control. In my environment some of the clients are Windows PC. I have implemented the next Subversion + TortoiseSVN (for windows clients) + Eventum (for bug control, etc.). All work very well but I have a problem that I think it won't be resolved with any Versioning control.

The problem is the next.

User1 modifies file1 and file2.
User2 modifies file3 and file4.
file1, file2, file3 and file4 belong to the same repo.

User2 has removed a function from file3 which is used by file1.
User2 has tested all of his changes and all of them work well.
User1 has tested all of his changes and all of them work well.
User1 commits all of changes.
User2 commits all of changes.

Now the copy on the repo is bad, because the User1 is using a function which isn't on the file3 commited by the User2. Is there any way to advice User1 that some other files are changed by another user ? I know that the User1 should update his working copy before commit their changes but theres is another situation which end in a problem.

After changes:
User1 updates his working copy.
User1 tests his changes. All work OK.
User2 updates his working copy.
User2 tests his changes. All work OK.
Then User2 commits his changes at the same time that User1.
Subversion will accept the changes because all of them are of different files. Then the commited code are wrong because the file1 is using a function which isn't in file3 now.

Do you have any idea to solve this ?

Regards.