Re: etch to lenny upgrade - X apps no longer see keystrokes?

Received Fri 10 Apr 2009 11:30pm +1000 from Thorny:
> On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:44:42 +1000, Graham Williams posted:
>
> > Received Thu 09 Apr 2009  9:12pm +1000 from Thorny:
> >> On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:10:41 +1000, Graham Williams posted:

> >> When you upgraded from etch to lenny did you follow the release notes
> >> for upgrading?
> >> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/releasenotes If not, have a look
> >> now and see if anything you did might have caused trouble, and then
> >> determine if there is any way you can back out gracefully and redo
> >> things.
> >
> > Thanks Thorny. Yes I did follow the release notes in upgrading and have
> > been trawling through the upgrade-lenny.script file and my wajig log for
> > clues. Trying to purge various X and friends and reinstalling (and trying
> > to stay with stable rather than testing or sid because this is a test
> > upgrade for a bunch of servers deployed in production)..... no luck yet.
> >

> "Trying to stay with stable rather than..." Were you trying to do a
> dist-upgrade with "testing" and "unstable" repositories in your sources
> list? You would probably be better advised to switch to codename, lenny in
> your sources list and/or not have testing or unstable available. Perhaps I
> misunderstood what you wrote but you may now have a mixed system which
> might not be trivial to recover from. Are you sure you followed the
> release notes correctly.

There is no testing/unstable. Install done from DVD (5.0.0) whilst
server was standalone. The only entries in sources.list are the 5
DVDs. I followed the release notes carefully, and used the "script"
command to record the process.

Thanks,
Graham