Re: Lenny updates broke Broadcom 4328 wireless

Klistvud wrote:
Dne ponedeljek 13 april 2009 ob 10:10:42 je Klistvud napisal(a):
On a fresh Lenny install I finally made my wireless work (it's a BCM4328
chip on a HP Compaq 6715b laptop) according to
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=30648&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta
rt=0&sid=2782df86cc404fde6d75b631594c3053 As soon as internet connection was
available (I have no wired access at all) Lenny proposed to download a
bunch of updates. I allowed it to do that. It was several (tens of)
megabytes of stuff. Some time after that I rebooted the machine only to
find wireless wasn't working anymore. Not under the 2.6.26-1, not under the
newly installed 2.6.26-2 kernel. I followed the above instructions for the
new kernel too and compiled the wireless driver - to no avail. Now I have
no connectivity under any of the kernels. Does anybody have a clue as to
which of the updates might be responsible for that? And will there be a new
update available any time soon which will fix that?

The funny thing is, iwconfig and iwlist commands can "see" my router, but
there is still no connection to the internet or to other machines on my
LAN, and the System/Settings/Network applet states it "doesn't recognize my
system" and then offers me a list of distros to choose from. I select
Debian Lenny, but that doesn't change anything: I still can't browse the
internet or LAN or check for updates.

What gives?

--
Registered Linux User 481801 and proud of it

Oops, my bad... After some more rmmodding and insmodding and modprobbing of the wl, ssb and ieee80211_tckip modules and finallly depmodding -a, the thingy started working again... at least till next update...

Fingers crossed... ;)

is the same laptop overheated some days ago? How did you solve your problem?

Luigi